- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 large can (2 cups) pumpkin puree
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup diced cured bacon (5-6 slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil on med-high heat and add onions and cook till soft, add bacon and carrots and cook 2-3 minutes more, until bacon renders and starts to crisp.
- Add garlic,thyme and rosemary and cook 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock and bring to simmer.
- Add pumpkin and cook, 20-30 minutes
- Add cream 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds and crusty bread
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.