- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse rice until water is not cloudy, but clear.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and half of salt to pan with rinsed rice.
- Heat until boiling, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 5 min then cover and rest up to 15 min.
- While rice is still hot move to bowl and add remaining salt, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir rice while fanning with a fan or magazine until cooled and rice sticks together.
- Make small rice balls and top with cooked shrimp, crab, smoked salmon or sushi grade tuna.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.