- 1 lb Bratwurst
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 cup light beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter on Med heat until foaming and butter starts to darken.
- Add onions and salt,
- Cook onion until they start to caramelize and darken, this will take several minutes, just keep stirring to avoid burning (a little burning is ok)
- Add Mustard and cook 1 minute
- Add beer and brats,
- Cook until brats are done, remove brats
- Allow beer to reduce until a gravy like consistency forms with onions.
- Serve Brats on fresh roll and top with beer/onion sauce.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.