- 1-3 turkey legs
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Windy Wine Co. Angus Red wine, or a dry red substitute
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sprig each fresh thyme and rosemary
- Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan heat olive oil and sear turkey legs on all sides until skin crisps and in deep golden in color, about 1-2 min each side.
- Remove legs and add rosemary, thyme, onion, celery and carrots to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 2-3 minutes or until onions and celery start to caramelize, pour wine into pan and stir 30 secs.
- Add garlic, canned tomato and paste and about 1 cup stock.
- Stir to combine and place legs back into pan, make sure they are not submerged.
- Place in a 275 degree oven for about two hours, adding any stock to keep liquid just under legs.
- Serve with strained cooking liquid for a delicious sauce.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.