Source: Hy-Vee ad from February 9, 2014.
· 1 pound frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
· 1/4 c. Cajun blackening spices (preferably salt-free)
· 1 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter*
· 1 tbsp. Hy-Vee vegetable oil*
· Lemon wedges
All you do:
1. Toss shrimp with Cajun spices to coat.
2. Heat a heavy skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter with oil in the pan.
3. Add shrimp and sauté on both sides until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
4. Serve shrimp garnished with lemon wedges.
5. *Substitute with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil with 2 tablespoons butter OR 2 tablespoons oil OR 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.