For the filling:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg beat with 1/8 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Mix filling ingredients in large bowl and set aside for15 minutes
- Place wonton wrappers on floured surface and separate.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper.
- Take a pastry brush or your figure and dip in egg wash, coat half the edge of the wrapper and fold so that the un egged wrapper meets with the egged wrapper, keeping filling in center.
- carefully press on edges to seal wonton, make sure that all air is squeezed out from filling.
- Repeat with the rest of filling and wontons.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over med-high heat.
- Add wontons to buttered pan, filling pan but keeping the wontons from touching.
- Add enough water to come 1/4 way up wontons
- Let wontons cook in boiling water until water evaporates and wontons start to sizzle.
- Add remaining butter and cook wontons 1-2 minutes each side, until golden brown, serve at once.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.