- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole grain flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (Add gradually until desired consistency)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup diced peanuts
- 1/4 cup rice crisp cereal
- In a food processor, process the cashews and oats until very fine, like flour consistency.
- Add in the flour, salt, sugar, and pulse until combined. Now add in vanilla and maple syrup gradually until desired consistency is achieved.
- Process until a dough forms. Stop to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Dough will be very sticky! If it is too sticky to make balls, you can add a bit more flour.
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter into the processor and pulse. Scoop dough into a bowl and stir in the rice crisp cereal.
- Form balls with the dough (lightly wet fingers if necessary) Store in the fridge or freezer.
Note: If dough is too dry, add a bit more maple syrup. If too wet, add a bit more flour.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information: 130 Calories, 7g Total Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 15g Carbohydrate, 1g Fiber, 3g Protein
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.