- 1-1.5-3 lb corned beef, rinsed
- 1 head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 6-7 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 7-8 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons course mustard
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add corned beef and boil, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove beef and place in oven safe bowl.
- Push cloves into beef, spacing evenly
- spread mustard on top of Beef and sprinkle brown sugar over top
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until beef is tender
- Meanwhile, bring another large pot to boil.
- Add potatoes and boil until done.
- Remove potatoes and toss with salt, pepper, 1/2 stick on butter and garlic
- Add cabbage to boiling water and blanch for 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage turns bright green.
- Remove from pot drain and cool with cold water.
- Heat remaining butter in a separate pan,
- Add onion, salt and pepper and cook until onion starts to turn translucent
- Add cabbage and cook 1 -2 ,minutes, or until heated and coated with butter and onions.
- Serve at once with thin sliced beef and potatoes
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.