· 1 medium white onion, coarsely chopped
· 1 tbsp minced garlic
· 3 c. plus 1/4 c. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· 1 c. Hy-Vee red wine vinegar
· 2 tbsp Hy-Vee honey
· 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
· 1 tbsp Hy-Vee stone ground mustard
· 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
· 1 tbsp sea salt
· 1 tsp fresh cracked Hy-Vee black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a roasting pan, combine peppers, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil. Cover with foil and roast 45 minutes. Cool.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine roasted vegetables and all the liquid from the roasting process, red wine vinegar, honey and mustards. Puree mixture until smooth.
4. With blender running, slowly add remaining 3 cups olive oil. Add oregano, salt and black pepper.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.