- 8 oz lobster meat, cubed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, sliced
- 2 chili peppers, diced
- 2 cups uncooked grits
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cut green onions and parsley for garnish
- Start by heating 1 cup water to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp salt and lobster tails. Cover and cook until lobster is firm but not rubbery.
- Remove lobster tails and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce water to a simmer.
- Once lobster tails are cool to touch, remove the meat from the tail and add the shells back into the pot of water.
- Cook 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate sauce pot, heat 4 Tbsp of butter add chili peppers, onion and cook until onion is transparent.
- Add garlic, paprika, and grits. Stir to combine and add 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully strain water with lobster shells into the mixture with 1/2 and 1/2.
- Add more water if needed to bring to two cups.
- Allow grits to cook for 4-5 minutes until they are done.
- Coarsely chop the lobster meat and stir into grits.
- Serve with chopped parsley and green onions.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.