- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs minced cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1 1/2 oz. crumbled queso fresco
- Using a 2 ½ inch circle cookie cutter (or a glass with a 3 ½ inch circumference and a small knife), cut 3 circles from each tortilla
- In a small bowl, stir together the hummus, cumin, and cilantro
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the hummus mixture on each tortilla circle. Divide the avocado slices and queso fresco evenly between the quesadillas, arranging them on one half of the tortilla circles.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place several quesadillas in the pan and cook until the tortillas are golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information: per serving: 66 calories, 3.5 g fat, 3.7 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fiber, 2.2 g protein
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.