- 2 lbs frog legs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups olive oil
- 1 stick of melted butter and mix with 1 cup of sriacha sauce. Set aside
- Put the frog legs in a large bowl, cover with buttermilk and let it sit overnight.
- Fill half of a deep frying pan with the olive oil and heat the oil on medium-high to 350 degrees; (do not heat past 400 degrees or olive oil will smoke).
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornmeal, cornstarch, creole seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Carefully remove the frog legs from the buttermilk (allow to drain for a few seconds) and dredge the legs in the cornmeal mixture. Place the frog legs gently in the hot oil. Fry both sides, turning once until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the frog legs on a rack to drain. Immediately toss with prepared sauce
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.