- 1-2 lbs potatoes, grated
- 1 onion, halved, one half grated the other diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons Saracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place grated potatoes and onion in bowl and mix in salt, let sit 10 min
- Heat a mid sized cast iron skillet on med high heat.
- Take potato mix and place in clean cheesecloth or kitchen towel, squeeze as must water from muxture as possible,
- Add butter to skillet and coat pan, once melted and slightly brown, add potatoes to coat pan, loosely packing to fill pan
- Cook for 3-6 min each side, until each side is golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In a small stainless pan heat a little butter and sweat diced onions.
- Once onions are transparent add garlic and cook 30 sec
- Add canned tomato and saracha sauce and cook 3-4 min, until sauce forms
- Season with salt and pepper to taste,
- Place sauce on top of hashbrown
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.