- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and lightly toss. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information: 208 calories, 43 mg cholesterol, 3.9 g fiber, 438 mg sodium, 23.7 g carbohydrate, 6.8 g fat, 15.3 g protein
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.