- 1 cup tart cherries
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: tart dried cherries, dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds, cherry juice and milk and whisk together. Allow this to soak for 30-45 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed most of the liquid creating a thick gel.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, pour the chia seed mixture into the blender will all remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Pour in the bowl/glass/cup you’re serving in.
- Garnish with sprinkling chocolate chips on top or additional tart cherries, fresh, frozen or dried.
Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information: per serving: 195 calories, 7.3 g total fat, 94 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 25 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 7 g protein
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.