- 8-9 blue corn tortilla shells (substitute white or yellow, these can be pre fried or you can fry them in 375 degree oil with a taco mold.)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 pieces raw bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2-3 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- olive oil to fry in
- salt and pepper to season
- In a pan set on med heat, add bacon and enough oil to keep bacon from sticking to pan, cook 2-3 min until bacon is crispy.
- Add 1/2 amount of onion and cook 2-3 mins, until onion is soft.
- Add jalapeno peppers and beans, reduce to low heat, cook for 10 min, remove from heat.
- In a large pan heat 1-2 tablespoons oil.
- Add remaining onion and cook 3-4 min until onions start to caramelize
- Add garlic and chili powder and cumin, cook 30 seconds.
- Add turkey and 1/4 cup water, stir well
- Cook turkey until done 5-6 minutes, adding more water if needed to keep turkey from burning.
- season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Spoon Turkey into shells, top turkey with beans and finish with sour cream and cilantro.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.