- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add butter and knead with hands until butter is divided and evenly distributed.
- Add milk. Knead with hands 8-10 times until a soft dough is formed.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead 2-3 more times.
- Flatten to 1/2" and using a cup, cut biscuits and place on baking sheet 1/4" apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2-3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups milk
- In a large fry pan, melt butter and add hamburger and all spices.
- Cook until browned and add the flour.
- Cook until golden brown and slowly add milk, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Allow gravy to thicken to desired consistency.
- Serve at once over biscuits.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.