There are variety of cloth diapers and diaper covers to fit your needs from prefolds, to fitted diapers, to pocket diapers, and more. You will be making a difference with any type of cloth diapering, but choosing natural fibers such as organic cotton, hemp and wool will be more Earth-friendly when it comes time to discard the diapers.
If you need the convenience of disposable diapers, there are options available that do not use chlorine bleach and use fewer or no chemicals. Nature Babycare, Seventh Generation, and gDiapers provide more environmentally-friendly disposable diapering options.
Gdiapers’ diapering system features a compostable and flushable diaper insert. The diaper consists of the little g pant (washable, cotton outer layer), a snap-in liner (to prevent leaks) and a flushable diaper refill. The wet refills can simply be tossed in a compost pile and will disappear in about 90 days, which is no time at all compared with a disposable diaper that can take up to 500 years to decompose.
Here is a list of the best diaper solutions on Amazon.com, based on customer reviews:
- GroVia Organic Cloth AIO Diaper, Vanilla | Read reviews — GroVia Cloth All-In-Ones have a super absorbent, organic cotton inner with a soft layer of water resistant TPU outer. No stuffing, no doublers.
- Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit, 8-15 Pounds | Read reviews —
A value packed box of cloth diapering essentials. Includes: organic cotton diapers, waterproof covers, flushable AND reusable liners, wet bag (doubles as a diaper pail) and user guide.
- Dappi Comfy Fit Eco-friendly Cloth Diaper Bundle, White, Medium | Read reviews — Bundle includes 4 comfy-fit 100% cotton cloth diapers, 4 velcro-fit diaper covers, and 4 diaper doublers for extra absorbency. The diaper covers are 100% cotton jersey on the outside with a 100% waterproof vinyl middle layer and cushioned elastic leg, nylon mesh inner layer to secure diaper in position.
- Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Diapers, Stage 5 (Over 27 Lbs.), 26 Count (Pack of 4) | Read reviews — Featuring premium absorbency and soft, cloth-like comfort. Stretchy, back-hugging design and resealable, secure-fit tabs ensure a snug and cozy fit on all bottoms. Diapers are hypoallergenic, free of fragrances and latex, and processed without chemicals containing chlorine.
- BabyKicks Joey-Bunz Premium 3-Pack, Large | Read reviews — 55% natural hemp, 45% organic cotton; designed to be trim, absorbent and easy to use; quick-dry design; handmade in the USA with certified organic cotton.
- GroVia Organic Stay Dry Booster 2 Pack, White | Read reviews — Dry booster is made with organic cotton topped with 100% polyester fleece.
- Bummis Organic Cotton Prefolds Diaper, 7-20 Pounds | Read reviews — Organic cotton prefold diapers. Made of 100% certified organic cotton twill; come in unbleached color and are incredibly soft.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.