It happened this afternoon in the 3500 block of Southwest Lakefront Dive in Lake Contrary when a construction crew was dismantling a trailer home on the property.
Firefighters say the construction workers claimed they accidentally sparked the fire while working on the home.
The large amount of smoke concerned neighbors in the area.
"When I came up to the end of the road there, I was hoping it wasn't my house that was up in flames, and I'm just glad they got a handle on it before it got away," says Brian Faris, a neighbor.
Fire crews spent additional time taking apart the trailer's remains to douse flames underneath the structure.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.