Homeowners "Very Prepared" to Put out Electrical Fire

Published 02/05 2012 08:32PM

Updated 02/06 2012 10:18AM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Fire Department said the homeowner was "very prepared" for the electrical fire that started in his home Sunday night.

It happened around 8 p.m. at the 6300 block of S. 24th St.

Firefighters said homeowner Paul Kerns had multiple smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher, and he was able to extinguish the fire himself.

The fire is still under investigation, but firefighters believe it may have been an electrical fire stemming from the dryer.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.