Theft Leads to Health Scare at St. Joseph Business

Published 02/08 2014 09:28PM

Updated 02/08 2014 10:49PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Theft led to a health scare at a St. Joseph business Saturday afternoon.

St. Joseph Police say an air conditioning unit was stolen from the roof of a Verizon Wireless store on the Belt Hwy.

Workers told KQ2 they got to work, started to feel dizzy and all had headaches.

Then, they started to smell gas in the building.

When police and fire officials arrived, the searched for a gas leak, but instead found the air conditioning unit was missing. 

Police said there were surprisingly no signs of anyone being on the roof.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.