- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 containers (6 oz. each) Light Vanilla, Strawberry or Peach yogurt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh fruit (mixed berries or chopped peaches)
- 4 teaspoons chia seed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds or pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In medium bowl, stir together milk, yogurt and chia seed until blended. Evenly divide mixture among 4 glasses. Spoon ¼ cup cooled cooked quinoa on top of yogurt layer on each.
2. Top each with a layer of fruit and almonds or pecans. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Let stand 5 minutes, or cover and refrigerate.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: 169 calories, 6.5 g fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein