- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse rice until water is not cloudy, but clear.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and half of salt to pan with rinsed rice.
- Heat until boiling, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 5 min then cover and rest up to 15 min.
- While rice is still hot move to bowl and add remaining salt, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir rice while fanning with a fan or magazine until cooled and rice sticks together.
- Make small rice balls and top with cooked shrimp, crab, smoked salmon or sushi grade tuna.