- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup stout beer
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season stew meat with salt and pepper and toss with flour to coat.
- Heat butter in med skillet over med high heat.
- Add meat and cook until beef is browned, remove from pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of stout , onions and carrots and season with salt, cook on med until carrots are tender.
- Add tomato sauce, remaining stout, thyme and beef and cook, uncovered, simmering until beef in tender.
- Serve over fresh mashed potatoes