- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 firm, large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- • 2 cups granola
- 4 (6 oz.) containers Light vanilla yogurt
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add ¼ nuts of choice and the brown sugar; stir until sugar is melted. Add bananas; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring gently, until bananas are coated.
2. Stir in orange juice and rum extract. Cook an additional minute or until liquid is thick and syrupy. Remove from heat. Reserve 4 banana slices for garnish.
3. For each serving, spoon about 1/3 cup remaining banana mixture into each dessert bowl. Sprinkle each bowl with ¼ cup granola, spoon 1 container yogurt over granola.
4. Garnish with 1 teaspoon nuts, rest of granola and leftover banana slice. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: per serving: 330 calories, 11 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 49 g carbohydrate, 170 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein