81°F
Sponsored by

Candles Spark Midtown House Fire

Candles were the case of a midtown fire. The home is now on the verge of demolition.
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A Midtown home is on the verge of being torn down after a fire destroyed everything inside.

The home, located at 2606 Olive St., is now a total loss.

Firefighters say candles are to blame for the fire that broke out early Friday morning.

The fire started on the first floor of the bedroom and spread to the attic. It also melted the side of the building next to the house.

One neighbor said she is scared to sleep after experiencing that.

"Knocking on my door. I didn't know what was going on. And, I got dressed, and I come outside, and I see smoke coming out, and they say, 'My house was on fire. My house was on fire.' And, my house caught on fire," said Andrea Romero, who lives next to the home that caught on fire.

No one was injured in the fire.

The Midland Empire Chapter of the American Red Cross is working with those who were affected.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local News