- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Juice of one lime
1- small can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 12 fresh corn tortillas
- Olive oil to fry plus 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh grated cheddar cheese
- Heat tablespoon oil in large skillet over med heat.
- Add onions and cook, 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and garlic, cook 1 minute more
- Add tomatoes and beef, cook until beef is brown.
- Add lime juice and cilantro, remove from heat
- Heat oil to fry to 350 degrees
- Using a taco mold or butter knife, fold tortilla and carefully lower in oil
- Cook for 30-45 secs or until golden and crisp
- Serve shells with beef filling and top with cheese