Extension Cord Blamed for Fire at Business

Extension Cord Blamed for Fire at Business

Firefighters responded to the fire at the corner of Olive Street and Warsaw Avenue early Wednesday morning.
( ST. JOSEPH, MO. ) An extension cord is blamed for a fire that damaged a St. Joseph business overnight. Firefighters responded to the fire at the corner of Olive Street and Warsaw Avenue early Wednesday morning to find smoke coming from a tree care business.

"There were three other rooms that just received some smoke. Everything in those, the tools and everything that was in those, will be able to be salvaged. It wasn't a very big fire and it's a lot of smoke and heat," said Rob Blizzard, a fire inspector for St. Joseph Fire Department.

Firefighters were able to get inside and knock down the flames in less than 30 minutes. No one was inside at the time and the majority of the damage was caused by smoke.

Blizzard said he's still trying to determine the damage estimate.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus