76°F
Sponsored by

Heater Blamed for Gallatin Town Square Fire

Fire officials believe a suspended heating unit started the fire. Fire Chief Doug Hamilton said components that feed the natural gas to the unit failed.
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Fire officials in Gallatin have spent nearly 24 hours straight sifting through the rubble of two buildings that burned Wednesday.
 
They now believe a suspended heating unit started the fire. Fire Chief Doug Hamilton said components that feed the natural gas failed.

Seventy-five firefighters from 13 different agencies were called to fight the fire on the Gallatin town square. It took nearly three hours.

One building was a total loss. Another suffered extensive damage and several others on the block had smoke and water damage.

The total damage is estimated at $300,000.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local News