- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
- Dry shrimp well with a paper towel then place the shrimp in the food processor along with jalapeno and garlic then pulse a few times until almost pasty.
- Combine the shrimp in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Using rubber gloves (easier with gloves), form shrimp into 4 patties
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the shrimp cakes to the heated grill and cook 4 minutes without disturbing, then gently flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Serve with fresh lime juice and top with thin slices of avocado.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: per serving (1 shrimp cake with avocado): 173 calories, 5 g total fat, 172 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein