71°F
Sponsored by

Lightning Strike Damages Wathena Home

A Wathena couple is patching their roof after lightning struck their house and sparked a fire Sunday night.
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A Wathena couple is forced to repair their roof after lightning struck their home and sparked a fire Sunday night.

Lightning hit the top of the house, at 409 Benton St., and burned a hole through the roof.

Firefighters said the lightning strike tried to make its way to the ground. The attic was the only part of the home that was severely damaged.

"The attic area has pretty significant fire damage, and a lot of water damage. And, there's probably some water damage on the second level down. But, relatively little smoke, and no fire damage," said Bob Ryser, Wathena Fire Department.

The homeowners were inside at the time. However, they were not injured.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local News