- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup sliced small carrots
- 2 14oz cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 c loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat, add the onion and salt and cook until soft, add garlic and cook about a minute more.
- Transfer half of mixture to a large bowl. Add paprika and carrots to the remaining onion mixture in the skillet and cook one minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and chickpeas, bring to a simmer and cook; stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (at 5-6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add the ground turkey, parsley, 1 tsp of salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste to the bowl with the reserved onion mixture and mix with your hands.
- Form the turkey mixture into 20 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in the skillet with the sacue and simmer, turning once until cooked (about 7 minutes). Serve at once.