- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Put shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Fold in the zucchini and nuts.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet (or griddle) with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook pancakes in batches, using a scant 1/3 cup batter for each and spreading it to make them about 4 inches wide. Cook until bubbles dot the surface, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat if the pancakes are browning too quickly. Serve hot.
Yield: 5 servings (2 pancakes each)
Nutritional Information: 300 calories, 15 g fat, 89 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein