(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Fire crews answered a call for a fire on the 1300 block of Lafayette St. shortly before 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Four people were inside the home at the time; all made it out safely.
Crews say the fire appears to have started in an upstairs bedroom, where they say there's extensive heat and fire damage.
"When I arrived I noticed that the upper floor was heavily involved in flames and it was coming out through the window," said Battalion Chief Russell Moore with the St. Joseph Fire Department.
The owner tells us she believes it might have been an electrical fire, though fire inspectors have yet to determine a cause.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.