"I was starting to feel numb and tingly and I was starting to see spots and that's it. That's all I remember," said Shawna Johnson, who was describing the felling she had right before suffering a grand mal seizure.
Shawna has had several seizures over the years, but this one was in the shower and she was alone at home with only her four young children.
"We let them know that if daddy's at work and if I ever have a seizure with them at home, they need to call 911," Shawna said.
With Shawna passed out in the shower, and only her four children in the house, it was 8-year-old Kodee who sprung into action. She immediately got on the phone and called for help.
"My mommy and daddy taught me and I wrote it on a piece of paper," she said. "I told them my mommy is having a seizure."
The Andrew County Sheriff's Department kept Kodee on the phone for 16 minutes while help was on the way. They say Kodee acted more calm and mature than many adults who call in during an emergency.
"I'm shocked, because there are times they don't listen to me. But, honestly, I'm very thankful," Shawna said.
That shock has turned into gratitude for the quick thinking of her young daughter.
"I'm very thankful, because honestly, there was the possibility I could have been dead the way I hit my head and the way water was running on my face," Shawna said.
The Sheriff's Department says this should be a lesson for all parents. They say parents need to keep a list of emergency numbers handy for their children to use in an emergency and make sure they can use a telephone to call for help.